Author: Colleen Houck
Publisher: Sterling Publishing
Release Date: June 7, 2011
Pages: 479 pages - Hardback
Age: YA
Website Amazon Goodreads
Synopsis:
Back in Oregon, Kelsey tries to pick up the pieces of her life and push aside her feelings for Ren. But danger lurks around the corner, forcing her to return to India where she embarks on a second quest-- this time with Ren's dark, bad-boy brother Kishan, who has also fallen prey to the Tiger's Curse.
My Thoughts:
Tiger's Quest was a pretty good book. I will say it took me a lot longer to finish than the first book did. I stopped and read other books and then came back to it.
I like that this book was still educational with Indian history, language & general legends, but I feel that sometimes this book had too much educational stuff. I wanted more action & less history. But the history was cool.
I came to feel really bad for Kelsey in this book. She truly loves Ren and is so heartbroken that he has been captured and taken away from her. She longs to be with him but can't & cries herself to sleep some nights. Kishan spends so much time with Kelsey during their adventures and decides to stop hiding his feelings for her. He lets her know that he wants to be with her & even tells her he dreamed of a baby! This of course does not help Kelsey. She knows her heart belongs to Ren but she does find comfort with Kishan and even admits to herself that she doesn't mind when he kisses her. She knows she loves Kishan but not in the same way he loves her. The story becomes even more complicated towards the end when Ren reveals that he has no memory of Kelsey and his love for her. I am interested to see how this all plays out.
The adventure in this book was very good. I'd love to visit the Shangri-La that was in the book and enjoy a feast like they did. I'm sure it would be amazing to walk around and see all different animals getting along and babies being born from trees. Of course the journey there was no picnic for Kishan & Kelsey, who almost died. I honestly think my favorite part to read about was the fight with the birds. My mind makes connections with random things and I imagined the size to be comparable to the fake bird & ants in Disney's A Bug's Life. Can you imagine fighting with something that big? The entire journey through the tree was amazing though. The home of the bats scared me the most. I know I couldn't be in a cave with humongous bats flying everywhere.
All in all, I'd say this book is good. It wasn't as good as the first to me but it was good. I do hope the next book is better.
Recommend:
It took me a while to read but I would recommend this book. It's personally not a strong sequel to me but it was good enough to finish and made me want to continue the rest of the series.









