I have been trying to be more friendly in the blog world and comment on more posts on other blogs but sometimes I get turned off from it.For some reason I really hate it when I write a good comment and click to post it and then the captcha thing comes up. I really don't like looking at & trying to decipher small fuzzy numbers & letters just to post a comment. I really really hate it when I post from my phone. I know it serves the purpose of keeping spam comments off your posts and all that but it's really just annoying.
I took the captcha verification off my blog for the simple fact that I didn't want to bother my readers with it when they wanted to leave a comment. I haven't ever had a spam comment & if I ever got one i'd just delete it. Interacting with people is supposed to be fun & easy, not work.
How do you guys feel? Does captcha prevent you from commenting on blogs? Do you not mind it? Do you have it on your blog? Why or why not?










it prevents me from commenting multiple times. I love to just be able to publish my comment and talk to other bloggers without having to type 261 ADTY and I can't even see the letter or numbers half of the time. It is so annoying. I would love if all bloggers took your approach. I'm pretty sure I don't have mine on, but I'm not entirely sure how to work blogger yet.
ReplyDeleteI love just clicking publish and going about my business. I hate having to decipher between the o and 0 and squiggly lines that are supposed to be letters. I don't think you need captcha anyway because blogger does a good job of filtering out spam for you.
ReplyDeleteThanks for commenting!
I know what you mean, I still comment but it is frustrating when half the time I don't know what the letters are, is like they're trying to stop us from commenting as well. Specially now that they added the numbers, most numbers are blurry, there is no way to understand them, why would they do that?
ReplyDeleteSince I'm new to blogger (and the blog world) I didn't know mine was on, I recently looked and turned it off because I know I don't like it, so I had to think of the people that comment.
Rivie @ Bookshelf
I shouldn't have to decipher the Davinci Code just to leave a comment. Sometimes I write a really great comment and then I have to re-type those stupid letter 2-3x before it will post. The ONLY reason i keep trying is because I've written a great comment. But most often I just X out of the blog. Nobody's got time for that.
ReplyDeleteI mean seriously, do you get SO much spam you really need it?? You must be a really big blogger then...
love this discussion!
@Mary I get like that sometimes. If I write a really good comment I'll do the captcha but if it was just a simple comment then I'll just leave it.
ReplyDeleteI wish blogger would automatically set the verification off because many new bloggers don't even know it's on.
GAHHHH Hate Captcha! I don't mind the fun little picture ones, or the 'put the cherry above the cupcake ones' or whatever, but the default captcha drives me nuts.
ReplyDeleteOMG! I've never seen the picture ones. I wouldn't mind playing with a cupcake either
ReplyDelete