Wednesday, November 28, 2012

2013 Reading Challenges

All of the challenges allow crossovers. And the books I chose may change over time!

NovelinVerseReadingChallenge2 Announcing the Novel in Verse Reading Challenge
I can't wait to start this challenge. I've been wanting to read more Ellen Hopkins books and here's a perfect reason why I should get on it. You have to read at least 6 books to complete this challenge but you can always read more. I plan to read:
  1. Burned
  2. Fallout
  3. Tilt
  4. Impulse
  5. Identical
  6. Tricks
2013 Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge

This should be no problem. I plan to read 10 more books in 2013 than I did in 2012. Any full length novel & novellea over 100 pages count for this challenge. I plan on doing level 2 Out of breath with is 6-10 more books than last year. Hopefully I'll even surpass that!


I tried this last year and made my goal so I figured I'd do it again this year. I'm going to start on level 1 though, which is 5 ebooks. The ebooks I plan on reading are:
  1. Matched
  2. Wings
  3. City of Bones
  4. The Vincent Boys
  5. Twenty Weeks
I know there are many of us out there with goals to read 1 million pages in our lifetime, and some people with lesser goals. I decided to create a challenge for those of us with a page count goal and for others to start one. I'm excited about this!

The challenge goes from January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013

There are levels for you to choose from. You can always move up a level but you can't go down. The levels are:
  • Living with the parents: 0- 2000 pages
  • College Dorm: 2,001 - 4,000 pages
  • Off Campus Apartment: 4,001 - 6,000 pages
  • My First Place: 6,001 - 8,000 pages
  • Condominium: 8,001 - 10,000 pages
  • Mansion: 10,001 + pages


The Rules:
  • Challenge will run January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013. Participants can join anytime throughout the challenge.
  • Create an intro post, linking back to this post. 
  • Sign up with the Linky below. Please link to your challenge intro post, not your blog home page. 
  • Chose your own books from the list. You can decide to read books only on the Top 25 list or from the entire recommendation list. You do not have to make a list of books before the challenge begins.
  • All forms of books acceptable (audiobooks, eBooks, etc.)
  • Rereads do not count towards the completion of the challenge. The challenge is about discovering books that are new to you.
  • You don't need a blog to participate.
  • Reviews, while always appreciated, are not mandatory.
The Levels:
Level I - Read 5 books from the 2012 Book Blogger Recommendation List

Level II - Read 10 books

Level III - Read 15 books
Level IV - Read 20 books
Level V - Read 20+ books

I plan to start easy this easy and just start on level 1. I can always add more books from the list as the year goes on. I enjoyed this challenge last year.



I've recently become fascinated with dystopian books and came across this challenge. Let's see how it goes. I wonder how many badges I'll get this year.

Rules
The challenge will run from January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013. Each month will have its own link form so you will be able to share your book reviews. You do not have to review the books you read to participate, but only those who read/reviewed at least one dystopian book will be able to participate in the giveaway (you can track your reading without the reviews with Goodreads, Shelfari etc.).
Books that count in this challenge must include any form of post-apocalyptic theme (book sites like Goodreads are good sources of genre information). The books must be full-length.

All formats allowed.
Rereads allowed.
It does not matter whether it's a series or a stand-alone book.
If you are participating, grab the challenge button from below and post it on you blog. You can also make a post with the header (the code is also below). Please include the link back to this post so others will be able to participate as well.

If you will participate, put the sign-up link to your blog post (about the challenge) or blog (for the button) directly into the linky below. Sign-ups will be open until December 20, 2013.
You do not have to list your books in advance, go and do as you please. Read as many as you want (you can read more than 24!) and whenever you want, as long as you have fun!
Info about the giveaway will be available in December 2013.

Levels
Level 1Recruit (1 to 6 books)
Level 2Rebel (7 to 12 books)
Level 3Revolutionist (13 to 18 books)
Level 4Leader (19+ books)

Each time you reach a new level, you will receive a badge.


hosted by Gina at Book Dragon's Lair

Sign- up here

Our love of reading can be expensive! Not only are we purchasing books but we also need space to keep them. I've started using the library (again) but couldn't find a challenge to help me. Here it is. There are a number of levels, for those who don't have a library card yet to those that live there. Enjoy!

 Requirements:
  • choose a level - you may move up as needed, just not down.
  • check books out of the library
  • books may overlap with other challenges
  • any format allowed (print, ebook, audio)
  • reviews are not necessary but a list of books read is.
  • a blog is not necessary, just comment that you want to join in

Levels:
  • board book - 3
  • picture book - 6
  • early reader - 9
  • chapter book - 12
  • middle grades - 18
  • Young adult - 24
  • adult - 36
  • just insert IV - 50 
I've recently rediscovered the library this year. I figured this challenge will help me borrow library books in 2013 instead of spending money buying books I'll only read once since I never reread books. Since I know I can move it I think I'll start off with the Young Adult level: 24 books

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us! I hope you'll have a great time :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're joining us. Don't you just love crossovers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely!! So glad you're hosting this. I was searching for a library challenge

      Delete
  3. I willbe doing the Book Blogger Recommendation also, happy reading! Looking forward to seeing what you read.

    ReplyDelete

 

Grab My Button!

Avanti's Place

Pageviews

I Am, Are you?

Book Havn Extraordinaire