Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Books To Movies Discussion

So, what so you guys think about all these movies coming out that are from books? Personally I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand I think it's great that all these authors are gaining extra exposure. It's wonderful  for them & it's cool to see a movie trailer on tv and say "I read that book!".But on the other hand, it's kind of annoying. I'd like to go through a few months where the movies coming out are ONLY movies. It's as if these production companies can't find an original idea for a movie so they just pick up a book. What are your thoughts on the issue?

Here are all the books that I know of that have been turned into movies from 2012-2014 or books that have been planned to be movies.

One For the Money by Janet Evanovich  The Woman in Black by Susan Hill The Vow by Kim and Krickett Carpenter The Lorax by Dr. Suess John Carter on Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks The Wettest County in the World by Matt Bondurant Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer Les Misérables by Victor Hugo The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien Life of Pi by Yann Martel World War Z by Max Brooks The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald On the Road by Jack Kerouac Cosmopolis by Don DeLillo The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky Anna Karenina Savages The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (Oz, #1) What to Expect When You're Expecting Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man: What Men Really Think About Love, Relationships, Intimacy, and Commitment Cross (Alex Cross, #12) One Shot (Jack Reacher, #9)   Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies #1) Divergent (Divergent, #1) Delirium (Delirium, #1) Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1) Fallen (Fallen, #1) Gangster Squad: Covert Cops, the Mob, and the Battle for Los Angeles

Man, that's a LOT of movies! 38 to be exact, that's like one movie a month for 3.2 years! And i'm sure there are some that I missed or don't know about. If you know any more let me know.

 

Grab My Button!

Avanti's Place

Pageviews

I Am, Are you?

Book Havn Extraordinaire