Author: Lauren Oliver
Series: Delirium Book 1
Publisher: HarperCollins
Release Date: August 2, 2011
Pages: 401
Age: YA - Dystopian
Website Amazon Goodreads
Synopsis:
Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn't understand that one love- the deliria- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holway has always looked forward to the day when she'll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.
But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable:
she falls in love.
My Thoughts:
I loved this book! I had heard so many great things about it that I have been wanting to read it for months now. I finally got some time and read it recently. The book is captivating! It's about a world where love is considered a disease instead of something wonderful! Can you imagine that??
The main character, Lena, in is pretty interesting. Watching her transformation is awesome. She goes from a girl counting down the days until her surgery to a girl who realizes & embraces another way to live. A life where love & freedom is something to be celebrated, not feared. This transformation happens because of a guy she meets named Alex, a guy from The Wilds. He comes along and gives Lena the best summer of her life & shows her a world beyond the fence she's used to. Reading this book makes you think about how precious love & freedom are. Two of the most important things in the world. I can't wait to read book 2, Pandemonium!
Recommend:
I'd recommend this book to anybody that likes dystopian books. It would actually even turn people onto the genre so I'd recommend it to anybody looking for a great read.
Other Reviews:
Book Addiction
The Busy Bibliophile
Amanda's Writings
Melanie's Musings










I've heard amazing things about this series and I've just not read it yet. I need to add it to my Kindle wishlist and wait for it to go on sale. I need a really good book to get into.
ReplyDeleteYes this book is amazing! I have no clue when it'll go on sale but to me it's worth paying full price for. I loved it that much.
ReplyDelete