Saturday, July 14, 2012

Multiple Books At Once

So for the past few weeks, I've tried my hand at reading 2 or 3 books at one time. Usually 1 book on my kindle and the other one or two as physical books. Here's how it turned out.

I would usually read the book on my kindle using text to speech while driving in my car. That way I'd have more time to sit & read the other book at home. The problem with that was that because I'm more focused on driving I'm really paying close attention to the book being read to me. I'd miss things or get lost so it turned out not to be very effective for me.

When it came to the physical books I would divide them up by hours or days. Sometimes I'd spend 2 hours reading one book then switch and read the next book for 2 hours. Or I would use the whole day to read one book and spend the next day reading the other book. I made nice progress in both books doing this and I figured finishing both books on days 3 & 4 is pretty much the same as reading one book all the way through in 2 days & then reading the next, so I may continue this. I may start doing this with three books, but no more than that so that I don't start to get characters mixed up. Of course I'll make sure the books are different types too to reduce that chance.

Who knows though, I may just go back to reading one book at a time. It is nice to get fully immersed into only one book before moving on to the next one.

How do you read? Do you read multiple books at once or do you just go one at a time? There's now right or wrong way, to each his own.
 

Grab My Button!

Avanti's Place

Pageviews

I Am, Are you?

Book Havn Extraordinaire