Author: Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
Series: Beautiful Creatures AKA Caster Chronicles
Publisher: Little, Brown & Company
Release Date: December 1, 2009
Pages: 563
Age: YA
Website Amazon Goodreads
Synopsis:
Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power, and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.
Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.
In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.
Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.
In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.
My Thoughts:
I loved this book! I have been wanting to read it for so long now and am glad I finally got the chance. I read it in about 4 days, which is good for me.
The love story in the book is unlike one I have come across yet. Majority of the books I read have love triangles where the main person can't make up their minds, but this was different. This story was of two people who wanted only each other. The twist is, they are literally two different types of people who can't really be together but try anyway no matter what people tell them. I loved their stories and their communication.
I also loved the plot. I generally tend to like books about magic & curses and stuff like that. So this story really drew me in. Two teens racing against the clock, or calendar rather, to try and undo or stop and family curse from happening. I found myself getting anxious as things were happening, hoping they wouldn't get caught or could figure out a clue in time. It was a great adventure! Needless to say, I'll be buying the rest of the series as soon as I can.
Recommend:
I definitely recommend this book to any & everyone! If you're bored or looking for a great read, pick this up.
Other Reviews:









