Sunday, February 10, 2013

Meet Your Neighbor #1



Thanks for checking out my newest feature Meet Your Neighbor! It's a way to get to know you fellow bloggers on a more personal level. If you'd like to be featured then click here and fill out the short form.


Hey everyone! Today I am welcoming Rachael of Rachael Turns Pages to my blog. She's a new blogger who started her blog just this past December so show her some love and check out the interview!
[20-XL+edited.jpg]

Were you a reader as a kid?
Yes, I have always loved to read. I remember in 2nd grade reading every book that my teacher had in her classroom. Some series I read as a child are Junie B. Jones, The Magic Tree House Series, The Fudge Series, and Little House on the Prairie. My parents have always been great about encouraging my siblings and I to read. Both my sister and myself love to read while my brother doesn't as much.

How quickly do you finish books?
Books that are between 400 - 500 plus pages can take me anywhere from a week to two weeks. If the book is around the 200 page range it takes me usually 2 to 3 days. If the book is 300ish pages it usually takes me around five days. It just all depends. I don't want to rush through books. I want to enjoy them and take in the how wonderful each book truly is.

What is your dream job?
I'm a senior in high school so my most asked question is What do you want to be when you grow up? I'm planning on double majoring in Elementary Education and Special Education, but here's the thing I have wanted to be an elementary teacher from the time I was very young, but through my internship I have fell in love with being a special education teacher. The answer to your question is that my dream job would be to become either of those. After I get out of college I'm going to take whatever job is available. It will be interesting to see where I end up.

If you could change your name to anything, what would you change it to?
I love my name. I wouldn't change it. I think so few people I know have the name Rachael which makes it unique. I wouldn't want my name to be anything else.
That's cool, I think my name is unique & I wouldn't want to change it either.

If you could have an exotic animal as a pet what would you get?
 I might be crazy, but given the choice to have an exotic pet I would probably just get a colorful fish for the simple reason is that I wouldn't have to worry about it destroying my house.

What are your favorite tv shows?
 I like to watch The Middle, Modern Family, American Idol, The Lying Game, Switched At Birth, How I Met Your Mother, and Teen Mom.
I love Switched At Birth & Teen Mom too!
 
Do you like to snack while reading?
I don't often snack while reading. I hate to think that there is a possibility I might spill something on the book so I often just have water if anything while I read.

If you were offered a plane ticket to anywhere in the world, where would you go & why?
 I have always wanted to visit Italy. I'm not sure the exact reason, but I think it would be cool to experience their culture and food.
Same here! I want to live there for a while & learn the language. And eat as much food as possible :)

What's hobby you have that others might consider geeky or uncool?
I knit. I don't often tell people at school because they think knitting is for older people, but I'm one of those people that always needs to be doing something with my hands so it is great to knit while watching tv.
I understand that. I used to knit as well but now I mostly crochet. I don't usually tell people, but when I say I'm a fashion major they accept it more from me.

Share a memorable moment from your life
 I don't particularly think my life is overly interesting, but this morning my teacher put a movie in for us to watch and I thought it was just for fun so I got my book out and preceded to read during the movie. At the end of class she says we are going to finish the movie next time and write a paper on it. I got the general gist of the movie so hopefully that is enough to write a paper on. Oh Reading.

If you could donate $1 million to any charity or cause, who or what would it be?
 I would probably donate to Autism Speaks. I have been an active Autism Awareness Advocate for a couple of years now, but I have donated so if I was given a million dollars that is where it would go.
That's an awesome cause! Nice to know you're an advocate.
 
Are you a girly girl, a tomboy or somewhere in between?
 I would probably call myself somewhere in between. I dislike shopping, makeup, and doing my hair so that rules out being totally girly, but I wouldn't consider myself a tomboy either. I just live a simple life I don't overly worry about my looks and my personality is very laid back. Although I can be a perfectionist at times.
 
And finally: What are you currently reading?
I'm currently reading Three Weeks with My Brother by Nicholas Sparks and Micah Sparks. It is Nicholas Sparks' memoir that he wrote with his brother about a three week trip they took around the world. They also mix in parts of their childhood. It is interesting to learn more about the author behind the amazing novels Nicholas Sparks writes.

How can people follow/reach you?
You can follow me on my blog and if you want to contact me just leave a comment on my blog. I respond back to most every comment I receive.
 
Anything else you want to say?
Thanks for reading this post and thank you to Avanti for hosting this special feature. I hope you got to know me more as a blogger and a person. I would love for you to stop by and leave a comment. I appreciate every comment I receive and respond back to most every comment. I have enjoyed my introduction to the blogger community. I read all types of books and have many favorite authors, but I'm always open to book recommendations and I often get to books faster if somebody tells me I need to read that book. I would love your opinion. I post a review almost weekly and I'm very active with reading challenges. I would love for you to stop by.
 ~Rachael


Hope you guys enjoyed the very first Meet Your Neighbor post! If you'd like to see more then sign up to be a part and get your blogger friends to sign up too! Let's get to know everybody!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks Avanti for doing this. I hope more people are able to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was tons of fun reading this, and it's so cool to know more people that do crafts like knitting and crochet. I used to knit but now I mostly stitch :) Awesome feature :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading it. I like to find out when other people do crafts as well. It's like an instant bonding topic

    ReplyDelete

 

Grab My Button!

Avanti's Place

Pageviews

I Am, Are you?

Book Havn Extraordinaire