Thursday, February 21, 2013

Discussion: Paperback Vs. Hardback

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Question of the week: Do you prefer paperback or hardback books?

Personally, I prefer paperbacks. They are smaller and more lightweight than hardbacks which is great because I carry my book around in my purse sometimes. I'd rather be carry a smaller paperback than a bulky hardback. Another reason I prefer them is because they are cheaper. I don't like to spend a whole lot of money on a book because I know I'm only going to read it once. Why spend $20 when I can get the same thing for $10.
I know paperbacks usually come out months after the book is released but I don't mind waiting. I'm not the type of person who has to have the newest back right now. It's also common for the paperback to include excerpts of the next book in the series which is something hardbacks don't have.
Hardback do have the advantage of being more durable though. Paperback covers get torn very easily and hardbacks hold up to reader wear & tear. That's especially good for library books since those gets handled my tons of people.

What is your opinion? Why do you prefer hardbacks or paperbacks more?
 

Grab My Button!

Avanti's Place

Pageviews

I Am, Are you?

Book Havn Extraordinaire