Friday, June 29, 2012

Review: Intangible

Title: Intangible
Author: J. Meyers
Age rating: E
Pages: 349
Lending: Enabled

Synopsis:

Twins Sera and Luke Raine have a well-kept secret—she heals with a touch of her hand, he sees the future. All their lives they’ve helped those in need on the sly. They've always thought of their abilities as being a gift.
Then Luke has a vision that Sera is killed. That gift they've always cherished begins to feel an awful lot like a curse. Because the thing about Luke’s ability? He’s always right.
And he can’t do anything about it.


Review:
I must say that this is a truly great book! It's filled with all the things I like: mystery, magic and even romance. If a book doesn't grab me from the beginning then I'm usually apprehensive to continue reading it but this captured me from the very first page. The plot of the book was very creative. It gave a new spin to the usual tales of mythical creatures; vampires, elves, pixies etc. These creatures co-exist in a world all their own but can freely live in ours.
The two main characters of the book Sera & Luke are very interesting as well. They take twin telepathy to a whole new level since they actually share powers, one can see the future and the other can heal people. Together they make a pretty good team, but nobody knows what they can do. They keep it a secret from everybody. These twins are in high school and have their own little group of friends, two friends actually. This is because nobody else seems to fit in with them. Little do they know that their two friends actually have special powers of their own, they have kept it secret as well.
If you haven't heard of this book then you definitely need to check it out. I'd recommend it to anybody looking for a great read. It captures your attention and holds it the entire time.

3 Bookmarks= Finished & in Novel Utopia



Interview:

1. What made you want to become an author?

I've always loved creating things--as an actor, singer, portrait artist, baker, and knitter. Once I fell in love with writing, it became another place were I could create something out of nothing.  

2. Where did you get the idea for this book? 

My original idea was of a girl who could heal with a touch of her hand, and that was inspired by Reiki, a hands-on alternative healing method. After flipping through some superhero books, I became enamored with the idea of teens everywhere cropping up with superhuman abilities. It grew and changed as I wrote.

3. Did you intend for this to be the first in a series & how many books will it have?
Yes, this is the first in the series, but it is a complete story unto itself as well. I have two or three more books planned out and could see writing companion books/series or even novellas. The world within Intangible is really limitless with book possibilities.

4. If you could have a special gift what would it be?
Healing. My brother has an incurable form of cancer and I'd heal him in a heartbeat if I could.


5. What has been your favorite YA book or series so far & what book or series are you excited to read?

I *loved* The Attolia series by Megan Whalen Turner. I'm excited to read the last book of the Hunger Games trilogy that I've had on my shelf for about two years (ever since it came out). I loved the first two books, but got busy with my own book, so never read the third one. I think I need to go back and read the first two again as a reminder before reading Mockingjay. Looking forward to it!
6. What is the one thing or message you'd like your readers to get from your books?

I just hope they enjoy their time in my world. :-)
7. What advice do you have for those who would like to be authors someday?
Read! Read, read, read, and read some more. Immerse yourself in whatever genre you want to write to find the good and the bad (you need both to learn how to do it well yourself). Then write the book you want to read, regardless of trends. 

This or That
1. Indoors or outdoors              Outdoors
2. Ice cream or frozen yogurt    Chocolate Sorbet ;-)3. Girly or tomboyish                Tomboyish, definitely 4. Early bird or night owl           Night owl when I'm writing, early bird because of my kids :-)
Thanks for the opportunity to read your amazing book!
Thanks so much, Avanti! It's been a real pleasure, and I'm thrilled you enjoyed reading it. :-)

Intangible is available for purchase on Amazon for $3.99 Kindle edition and $9.99 paperback. Get your copy today!

1 comment:

  1. I read this book also not too long ago. I loved it! I thought it was a cool idea for the main characters to be twins who share powers, and I really love their personalities. They'd be fun to hang with, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Grab My Button!

Avanti's Place

Pageviews

I Am, Are you?

Book Havn Extraordinaire